CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH PINOT NOIR
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cranberries and fresh ginger; stir until cranberries begin to burst, about 3 minutes. Add wine and sugar; boil until mixture is reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes. Add crystalized ginger, dried cherries, curry and five-spice powder. Season with salt and pepper.
Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover; chill.
Yield 2 1/2 cups
- 1 Tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 Cups fresh cranberries
- 1 Tblsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Cups Pinot Noir
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 3 Tblsp crystallized ginger
- 2/3 Cup dried Oregon cherries
- 1 Tsp. curry powder
- 1 Each lg pinch of five-spice powder